"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.14.2011

Possibly My Best Deal Ever


I'm not a huge bargain shopper. I don't pass it up, of course, but I'm not tempted to buy just because something is cheap. As I've mentioned many times before, if I love it, I'll wear it a ton and then my cost-per-wear is as low as it would be if I got something I wore once or twice on sale. Of course, all the discount sites are definitely worth checking out, especially for favorite brands. Gilt and Hautelook are probably my favorite (although sometimes the items are barely 50% off and I can get that this time of year at any department store AND get to try it on so...)

Anyway, once a fashion reporter asked me what the best deal I had ever scored was. I WISH I had this one to tell her.

Intermix sent me a "gift" card for $50 with no restrictions with the exception that it expired on January 26th 2011 so I only had about a month to use it. I kept looking at their site to see if anything struck my fancy but, as you probably know, $50 off from something at Intermix doesn't usually make much of a dent. Then I got an email from them saying their online sale items were being marked down an ADDITIONAL 50% for only two or three days. So I checked it out and found this pair of wool pants, orginally $248 marked down to $99. An additional 50% taken at checkout made them $49.50. Shipping was $10. I applied my $50 card and, voila!, I owed $9.50! I couldn't return them but, for $9.50, I could handle it. They came, they fit perfectly, and, from the tailor, only need the pockets sewn down which should run me about $7. Now that's a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment