"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.28.2011

New York Fashion Week

I entered this contest on Polyvore that asked me to create my dream outfit for New York's Fashion Week in February at the Lincoln Center tents. As glamorous as it sounds to go to fashion week, the shows in February are tented and it is pretty cold even inside not to mention that New York this time of year is more likely than not to have snow or at least slush on the ground. So it was kind of an interesting process trying to put together something that was cool enough for a fashion show and still practical. One big thing helping me out was that I was allowed to choose anything I wanted from the polyvore site meaning that the $6,000 Mulberry bag was perfectly legit. Too bad the prize isn't the dream outfit itself! Anyway, here's one I came up with- my favorite I think and practical as long as there isn't more than an inch of snow on the ground (note the thick heels on the shoes and the rubber soles...I'm not gonna let a little weather keep me from my high heels!)

Then again, maybe the one with the skirt is my favorite. I can't decide. Sadly, since I'm not really going, I won't have to. Ha!

Splendid Top Knot White
85 EUR - jades24.com
Oversized tops »

MILITARY COAT
719 EUR - mytheresa.com
Double breasted coats »

Mint Finley
$320 - dannijo.com
Glamour jewelry »


No comments:

Post a Comment