"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.17.2011

Wow! What a night at the Globes! I still think Ricky was hilarious. Mean? Maybe. But I was cracking up.

But host aside, there was a lot to look at in terms of fashion. There were three stars I feel I neglected to mention that warrant it. First, Mila Kunis. Just like on Angelina, I love the green on her. The dress was sophisticated and I thought she looked really lovely. Second, Michelle Williams. This was major miss for me. I just didn't get it as a red carpet dress. And I didn't think it was a flattering color, or non-color as the case may be, on her at all. Third, Emma Stone. She was unbelievable! I loved the color- so fresh and unexpected. The cut was exciting in it's simplicity and her hair and makeup were spot on.

I do think I made one big mistake last night and that was Anne Hathaway. I LOVE the dress now. Once I saw her standing in it and the back of it, etc, I think it was really flattering, very fashion-forward, and super fun while maintaining it's sophistication. I should have known she (or maybe Rachel Zoe) wouldn't disappoint.

This mistake aside, I STILL think January Jones looked awful. I keep hearing that her dress was one of the faves last night. Really??? Haven't we seen that cut a million times? And the red was SO red on such a fair- and skinny- girl! Definitely one of my least favorites.

Here are my top and bottom five- women only.

Bottom:

5. January Jones
4. Tilda Swinton
3. Jennifer Lopez
2. Katie Segal
1. Helena Bonham Carter- I love her hair but she is a hot mess!

Top:

5. Claire Danes
4. Emma Stone
3. Sandra Bullock
2. Tina Fey
1. Angelina Jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment