"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.10.2011

Hat Attack






Girl one- photo by Vanessa Jackman
Girls two and three- photos by All the Pretty Birds
Girl four- photo by Vanessa Jackman
I love looking at pics of "real" people on the street in stylish outfits. Many magazines and especially bloggers love highlighting these people and I think it is always fun to see. I have wished several times that I would have snapped a picture of some stylish woman I saw in Old Town or DC but I always feel weird about approaching them. I guess I just need to suck that up. But I digress.

One thing I notice about the outfits to which I'm most drawn is that they often involve hats. I love hats. For some reason, I'm comfortable wearing them for night-out outfits but hesitate a little more for during the day. The exception to that is the fedora I guess because it is relatively small in size and can come in such casual options. Anyway, they are so handy for a bad hair day (or a bad hair week when you've put off going to the salon for too long!). They are the perfect accessory, making a stylish statement with very little effort. Don't you think these outfits are so much better with the hat? And check out the outfit I created- it just wouldn't be the same without the fedora.

No comments:

Post a Comment